Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Quest

I have wondered about my ancestors ever since I was eight years old. We were at a family gathering at my grandparents, my mom's. Someone asked my grandfather about our family history and he said "No one wants to know about them, all of them were nothing but horse thieves and bank robbers." Sounded pretty neat to me, a genealogist was created that moment. It was another twenty years before active searching began, each new find now is as exciting to me as the first.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds almost exactly like what I heard about my father's side of the family: "Your Grandma started researching the family, but all she found were horse thieves and criminals, so she got disgusted and gave up." When I started genealogy, I found that wasn't too far from the truth....

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...found any horse thieves or band robbers yet?

    Great start!

    May you keep sharing your ancestor stories!

    Bill ;-)

    http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/
    Author of "13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories"
    http://eduscapes.com/v2a/back_to_the_homeplace.html

    ReplyDelete